The ingenious way to securely transport up to 6 bikes
When mounted securely to your 50mm towbar hitch, the Shingleback Vertical Bike Rack is perfect for shuttling your MTB crew or for taking your whole family’s bikes on holiday. It’s easy to remove when not in use, and because the front wheel rests in a cradle it’s a safe option for carrying full-suspension mountain bikes with angled top tubes.
Full specs for the 3, 4, 5 and 6 bike Shingleback Racks are available on the rack’s Buy Now page in the Additional Information section.
Watch the rack in action
Other bike rack solutions simply can’t compete with the Shingleback Vertical Bike Rack
|Shingleback Rack||Roof-mounted rack||Towbar tray rack||Towbar A-frame rack|
|Carry up to 6 bikes with ease||Yes||No||No||No|
|Adjustment-free for different bikes||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Carry full-suspension MTBs with angled top tubes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Fast to load and unload multiple bikes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Zero contact or pressure on frame tubes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Optional trolley stand for garage/shed storage||Yes||No||No||No|
|Designed and made in Australia||Yes||No||No||No|
More benefits of the Shingleback Rack
- Only the rubber tyres have contact with the rack which means you can stop worrying about your rack damaging your bike’s paint, wheels, frame or components.
- Fits 20″ kids MTBs up to 29″ full-sized MTBs (with 1.8″-3″ tyres) with no fiddly rack adjustments.
- The rack can be quickly removed from your car and stored on the optional Shingleback Rack Trolley Stand, where it actually saves you space as a garage bike storage solution.
- The optional Shingleback Rack Swing Arm allows quick access to virtually every type of vehicle boot or tailgate while fully loaded with your bikes.
- Expert welding workmanship guarantees weld strength and adds to the build quality that our customers expect.
- Clever yet simple design virtually eliminates all slop in your 50mm tow hitch for secure and rattle free use.
- High quality, super tough steel with a scratch resistant powder coated finish means your rack will look good for years to come.
- All vertical bike racks come with a quick and simple numberplate board and there is provision to lock your bikes to the rack via a plastic coated cable (not included)
- Guaranteed for 10 years to original purchaser.
Take a closer look at the build quality
New for 2019, when you order your rack you can option a clever swing-arm that makes accessing your ute tray or car boot even easier. Leave your bikes on the rack and simply unlock the swing-arm spring bolt and swing the arm to the side. You’ll be amazed at the convenience and ease of use.
Optional Trolley Stand
The optional Shingleback Trolley Stand turns your Shingleback Rack into a fantastic upright storage solution when you’re not using it on your car. Simply unhitch the Shingleback Rack, unclip the anchor bolt, slot the rack into the Trolley Stand sleeve and re-bolt to secure. The Trolley Stand becomes a convenient, moveable vertical bike rack that tidies up your shed or garage and frees up floor space. To order, add the Trolley Stand to your cart when you order your Shingleback Rack.
10 year guarantee
We’re so confident in the workmanship of our Shingleback Racks that we’re prepared to guarantee them for 10 years.
The workmanship guarantee covers:
- Build quality
- Breaking or bending of materials (when used in accordance with intended purpose)
If you experience an issue with your rack, please contact us directly and we will work with you to find a solution.
Excluded from guarantee:
- Damage from misuse of the product, or use against the advice of Shingleback Off Road
- Damage from accidents
- Bungee cord loops and buttons (these will last a long time but they have a limited lifespan, particularly with prolonged exposure to UV rays)
- Powdercoating (while it is an industrial scratch resistant powdercoat we can’t guarantee against it being worn through)
- Stickers (they have a limited lifespan, but just let us know if they need replacing and we will send you some more)
In the box
Your Shingleback Rack plus all required nuts and bolts.
Shipping to Australian addresses:
|Shipping type||Shipping time||Insurance||Cost|
|Standard Delivery (with Authority to Leave at your shipping address)||Within 5 days of your order||No||Free!|
|Standard Delivery (signature on delivery)||Within 5 days of your order||Yes||$30|
For international shipping please contact us.
Can I mount the Shingleback Vertical Bike Rack to my caravan, motor home or camper trailer?
When considering a mount as an option and prior to purchasing one, it is your responsibility to ensure you understand:
- the weight ratings of your vehicle (ie. tow ball weight, vehicle towing weight capacity)
- that the tow ball weight will be affected
- if extra support or bracing is required for your camper/caravan/trailer
- your obligations to comply with government regulations in relation to accessories attached to your caravan/camper/trailer
- how the installation of the bike rack will impact on your caravan/camper/trailer (ie. Sway, access to rear vehicle door, chassis and structural issues etc)
- if the universal mount is right for your caravan/camper/trailer
- you will need a qualified fabricator to weld the mount onto your caravan/camper/trailer